Some interesting facts about Aquamarine are:
• It is considered to be a birthstone of March.
• This gemstone is also for the 19th wedding anniversary.
• In 1920, the largest ever Aquamarine was found in Brazil, weighing 243 pounds. It was later cut into smaller pieces thereby yielding over 200,000 carats.
• Aquamarine is mostly used by sailors because they believed that it protects them from evils and bad luck while travelling on water thereby assuring sound, secure and safe journey.
• Like diamonds, they can also be graded on the parameters of color, clarity, cut and carat weight.
• Aquamarine has several other names, they are :
o “Water of the sea” stone – Due to its sea color.
o “Stone of courage” – Due to its spiritual healing properties
• The color of Aquamarine falls under wide spectrum of blue color : From varied shades of blue to bluish green to sea green.
Every gemstone has some symbolism associated with it and so has Aquamarine with it. It is associated with courage, friendship, calmness and faithfulness. When worn, it also helps in maintaining a perfect balance between human body, mind and his soul. Some of the healing properties of Aquamarine are :
• It helps in improving one’s self confidence. It also eases communication problem.
• It also helps to take control over emotions. Beside this, it also improves tolerance power and understanding.
• Its powerful and energetic characteristics are useful for those who are into meditation. Also it accelerates intellectual skills thereby enhancing more awareness and quick response within an individual.
• Its spiritual healing properties bring peace.
• Aquamarine Gemstone is also considered to have curing properties for glands, liver, eyes, stomach and throat.
• It is believed to be good for those who suffer from water sickness or sea sickness and helps in relieving from anxiety and fear. It helps getting your relaxed when on a long distance journey.
Thus it can be said that, this stone can not only be used as a gemstone jewellery piece but can also be wore for its remedial benefits. It is an excellent stone which can be used to keep a hold on one’s inner spiritual self. Besides, it also helps in purifying one’s own self polluting behavioral patterns. It is a stone which aids a life of service in a way of its path and purposes.